EASY | 5 MINS PREP | MAKES 15 serves
Whilst you can still buy the famous KFC Supercharged sauce in Australia, there is always room for improvement. If you are from across the pond in the UK it’s known as “SuperchargeR” sauce.
KFC’s Supercharged sauce is akin to McDonald’s special sauce on their Big Macs. It’s easily recognisable and universally loved. One main issues is that it can be hard to buy sometimes. As it becomes a limited time item in all places in the world, it great to have a recipe in your food bank.
If you’re a not familiar with this chicken tender dipping sauce, this recipe will knock your socks off. A creamy blend of smokey chipotle, kewpie mayonnaise and spices that compliments chicken so well it should be illegal!
If you are wondering if this sauce is spicy. It’s on the low-medium level. You can omit the cayenne pepper to cool its heels. Or if you would like a spicy chicken dipping sauce; just add a touch more cayenne.
Try this sauce with fried chicken first, then go ham on salads, burgers and the like, as it is extremely universal.
- 115g Full Full Fat mayonnaise like Kewpie
- 2 tsp chipotle chile in adobo, seeds removed & roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Adobo sauce (from the chipotle tin)
- 1/2 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp White Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Dried oregano
- Optional: add 1/2 tsp Oz Dirt award winning BBQ rub
Slice the chipotle and remove seeds. Then finely dice the chipotle until it almost forms a paste.
Mix all ingredients together and place in fridge for 12 hours to allow the flavours to become best mates.
Top Tips For Young Players:
- Home made KFC chicken tendies are great with the Supercharged sauce.
- Amazon stocks the chipotle in adobo if you can’t source it locally.
- you can use a blender if desired.
- Add the award winning Oz Dirt rub/seasoning for a flavour kick!
If you have any questions, tips or tricks on the recipe we would love for you to leave a comment below.