caring for your new or "mature" knife will extend their life dramatically.
- Use a light coat of camellia oil and/or keep extremely dry.
- Keep in the original box, sheath/wooden scabbard (sold separately), or on a magnetic knife block/holder.
- Don't rest your knife edge against a hard surface like metal or granite.
- Never put in the dishwasher. The chemicals and hot temperature will ruin the quality of the blade and deteriorate the handle.
- After washing with mild soap, dry your knife immediately.
- Never cut on a hard surface like a granite kitchen bench.
- Do not cut through bones as this may damage the blade edge.
- Utilise an endgrain chopping board or soft plastic chopping board.
- Don't put excessive torque on the knife.