Macon' Bacon Cure
If you have ever felt like the store purchased bacon just didn't cut the mustard; you are not alone.
Made from premium ingredients and the passion to produce a perfectly balanced slice of bacon.
It's easy peasy, lemon squeezy with Macon' Bacon!
How to cure, smoke or bake the most amazing bacon.
Like anything in life, the better the produce the better the end product will be. If you can source an amazing piece of beef or pork for this bacon adventure your are going to be ahead, but if you are grabbing a piece of belly from your local supermarket you are in for a treat. We have done ALL testing, photography and videography on supermarket pork belly and our local butcher for the beef. we understand that a majority of people will make their bacon from supermarket produce, and we decided to conduct all testing as such.
In 5 easy steps you will have the most amazing piece of bacon
INGREDIENTS (based on a 1kg piece)
- 1kg pork belly or 1kg beef navel or 1kg beef brisket
- 5-6 tsp of AUSSIEQ BBQ Macon' Bacon Cure
- Smoker, Airfryer or Oven (best results on a smoker)
- Fruit wood like cherry for your smoker
- Apply an even coat of Macon' Bacon to all sides of your protein
- Vac seal the belly or place in a zip lock bag and refrigerate for 7 days. During this time you should flip once per day to ensure even penetration of the cure
- After the 7 days has elapsed you should remove from the fridge and wash off the cure under low pressure cold water then pat dry. Place on a wire rack with a tray underneath within in your fridge for 24 hours (optional step)
- Smoke at 250F/121C for approximately 2-3 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 150F/66C. Then you can store in a container for up 10 days or vac seal to extend the longevity
- When you are ready to eat (probably straight away!) slice as thick as you want and pan fry, grill or however you enjoy your bacon.