The Clad range blends both the European and Japanese style cues, with a distinctive full tang handle and the AUS10 blade.
The AUS-10 4 banger knife set is a perfect all-round set that will get you slicing and dicing through pretty much anything in the kitchen. They perfect for intricate work where you may need to trim or work around bone structures. A perfect example is trimming the skirt off a brisket ready for smoking.
What can it be utilised for:
Are you tired of using dull knives that can't even debone a chicken? Say hello to your new best friend - the boning knife!
The medium sized petty or pairing knife is great for vegetable prep and when you simply don't need the larger 210mm chef's knife.
The Gyuto or commonly referred to as a Chef's knife is the all-rounder of the knife world. Being able to take care of general duties is the knife's strong points, and it can take care of tasks such as: slicing and dicing meat cuts, chopping vegetables, transferring chopped items.
The 240mm blade length lends itself to slicing up large steaks, roasts, briskets and preparing sashimi cuts.
As the Clad range utilises a full tang construction they are often more familiar to the everyday cook. The value driven price point allows you to experience the magic of Japanese knives without breaking the bank.
Why a Japanese knife:
Japanese craftsmen have been making steel based blades for centuries and this artesian skill has built them an undeniable reputation for making some of the best knives available. In addition, the lighter construction compared to a traditional Western-style knife allows for less fatigue when slicing up a metric tonne of onions!
A true Japanese made and crafted knife.
History and info
AUS10 WITH STAINLESS CLAD
3 layers Damascus stainless steel
So-called Damascus steel is multi-layered of microthin stainless steel. 25% of components at the center of layers are called a core steel. Damascus steel used for this CLAD series has AUS-10 stainless steel as a core steel. The other 75% of components are two different hardness steel layers. The both sides of core steel are compressed with alternately soft steel and hard steel. This makes the blade look like wave patterns by special procedures.
AUS-10 stainless steel for core
Stainless steel is a type of steel that contains chromium, which helps protect it from oxidation. This makes it resistant to corrosion from acidic foods and water. Stainless steel is usually considered to be any steel with a chromium content of 12% or higher. AUS10 is a type of stainless steel that is relatively easy to sharpen and low maintenance, but it may not retain its edge as well as harder steel knives like VG10. It is also less prone to chipping than harder steel knives. However, this is a trade-off for the benefits of its easier sharpening and lower maintenance.
The HRC is a hardness scale based on the hardness of a material. Typically HRC of 60+ is seen to be a quality hard steel that retains its edge over a prolonged time.
ORIGIN OF SUNCRAFT KNIVES
Suncraft is situated in Japan within the Seki region, Gifu prefecture and is renowned for its 800-year-old tradition of high quality knife and blade manufacture. Suncraft has been designing and crafting kitchen knives for over 60 years and ensure each of the 30 plus steps in making a Suncraft knife is of the utmost quality.
The Finer Details
||Pairing, Boning, Chef's and Slicer
||135mm, 165mm, 210mm and 240mm
||90gm, 148gm, 185gm and 170gm
||AUS10 w Stainless Clad
||Pakkawood w/stainless bolster
||Senzo Clad AS-03, AS-05 and AS-07
Partner In Crime
If you want to keep your new family heirloom as sharp as Einstein in his hay day, a dual grit whetstone will keep you out of trouble. CLICKY FOR WHETSTONE or,
A cracking magnetic knife holder