Are you in the need of an indulgent and flavourful McRib alternative? This is for you.
AUSSIEQBBQ VIDEO ON THIS COOK:
If you would like the recipe for the best barbecue sauce to go with this McRib hit the clicky
- stone baked roll or hoagie roll
- 1/4 white onion (sliced)
- balsamic glaze
- Vlasic dill pickles
- salt and pepper
- hit the ribs with your favourite BBQ rub or just salt and pepper
- smoke ribs at 250F / 121C until they are fall off the bone tender, as it will contrast nicely with the crunchy roll. You can cook them in the oven or slow cooker if you don't have a smoker. It should take approximately 3-5 hours depending on the size of your ribs.
- approximately 30 mins form the ribs being done, apply a layer of the BBQ sauce and let is set (it should be slightly tacky)
- then remove the ribs and set aside to rest
- concurrently, pan fry the bun halves, sauté the onions, reduce heat to low, then add 1/2 tbsp of the balsamic glaze. Once the onions take on a dark caramel colour, remove from the heat.
- now time to get your construction ticket out. Pickles first, rib meat, onions and a touch more of the barbecue sauce.