Bacon jam is perfect for a burger topping
Let's kick it up a notch, and take your burgers to the moon. The mixture of sweetness, spice, salty and the texture is what really makes bacon jam so unique. Whilst I left mine with the unique texture straight from the pan, you can blitz it up for a smooth texture.
HealthIER rub was used in the capsicum video
- 400gm Streaky Bacon diced
- 1 large Onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tsp crushed Garlic
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Whisky or bourbon
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Espresso
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce or ketchup
- fry off bacon then place in a bowl to one side (ensuring you remove the fat). I place the leftover oil into a jar and place in the fridge. Then you can use it as tallow
- sautée onions (translucent)
- add bacon back into pan and add brown sugar. Cook until sugar dissolves
- add onion and cook for 2-3 mins
- add everything else and simmer for 30 odd mins until it reduces and becomes thick and sticky
- place into a mason jar and seal.
Bacon is nice and crispy and ready for the bacon jam
If you have any questions, tips or tricks on the recipe we would love for you to leave a comment below.