An amazing homemade chicken schnitzel in a carry around tortilla cone.
Medium | 10 mins Prep (longer if you use my sauce and bacon recipe) | 30 mins Cook | 1x Schnitzel Cone
- 2x tsp of Oz Dirt
- 1x chicken breast or thigh (thigh has better flavour but not as healthy)
- 2x tbsp of homemade pasta sauce
- 1/2 cup of mexican blend cheese from Costco
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2x rashers of homemade bacon
- 1x cup of your favourite fries/chips
- dash of kewpie mayonnaise
- 1x large tortilla
- 1x beaten egg
- 1/2 cup of AP flour
- for the tortilla cone, roll it into a cone shape, then weave a toothpick where the seams joins to hold it together. Then airfry or bake until golden and crispy. Place to the side
- setup up your breading station for the schnitzel. three bowls with i) flour ii) egg wash iii) panko crumbs with the Oz Dirt seasoning
- slice the breast in half, but cutting from the left or right running the blade parallel to your cutting surface. Then use a mallet or rolling pin and beat the chicken until an even thickness is achieved
- now coat chicken in flour, egg wash then crumbs in that order
- In a frying pan add vegetable or canola oil so it would be approx 1/2 the height of the schnitzel and cook at medium heat. Once golden on both sides and the internal temp reaches 160F/71C, you can remove and place on a wire rack.
- add the pasta sauce on top of the chicken, then bacon and top with grated cheese
- lastly, pop into the airfryer or grill until the cheese is melted and golden
If you have any questions, tips or tricks on the recipe we would love for you to leave a comment below.